Job Description Overview:
In the past three years, MƒA has seen tremendous growth in our research and data management efforts. In this span of time, we have implemented and customized Salesforce; launched a new website and developed new processes for collecting and analyzing large amounts of data. We are interested in furthering our research agenda as well as developing initiatives that use data to shape and tell the stories of a diverse community of teachers and their experiences.
MƒA seeks a person with experience in both research and instructional technology to oversee our knowledge management efforts. This is an exciting opportunity for a research enthusiast who is interested in both learning and leading within a mid-sized educational non-profit in New York City. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Knowledge Management Director will supervise and mentor two highly competent and independent staff members; The Head of IT and the Coordinator of Research & Evaluation (CRE).
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, develop research initiatives regarding our teaching fellowship programs.
- Oversee and support efforts to ensure clear, current and comprehensive data collection practices.
- Develop and oversee long term processes to ensure the Salesforce platform is comprehensive, highly functioning and responsive.
- Develop data-driven stories, presentations and analyses for both internal and external audiences.
- Develop and oversee long term planning of MƒA website and other tech-related initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 3-5 years (mid-level) experience in knowledge management, research or program evaluation.
- Familiarity with a range of educational research and methodologies.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to approach new relationships with humility, intellectual curiosity, patience and respect.
- Experience working with Salesforce (or similar database system).
- Experience working in the education sector or a non-profit, or similar is preferred.
- Self-starter who positively contributes to a learning culture and collaborative team spirit.
Please send resume, salary requirements and a cover letter explaining qualifications to email@example.com. Salary is commensurate with experience and comes with an excellent benefits package. MƒA actively seeks to build a diverse staff.